Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Assessing July Goals & Setting August Goals


  •    The goals were relatively modest this month and all of them were met ...  even with a fair amount of off goal stitching.  Apparently, concentrating solely on BAPs is just not my style although it is very satisfying to finish a large piece.  I need a leavening of small to medium finishes to keep my stitching momentum going.  So, I will be a bit more ambitious in setting August's goals.  I am including a shot of my TUSAL jar since it contains the orts from the Japanese Kogin Tea Cozy and from the English Band Sampler  ... note the bright blues and corals in the very top layer.

  • JULY  GOALS
  • 2010-2011 WIPs: Stitch Blocks 5 and 6 of Primitive Needle's Black'd Skie.   FINISHED 7-22-12.
  • 2012 Crazy Class Project Challenge: Finish Japanese Kogin Tea Cozy.  FINISHED 7-29-12.
  • 2012 WIPs: Finish Part I of the English Band Sampler from SANQ and start Part II.    Yes.  Part I is complete and Part II has been started.
  • Sewing Finishes: Try to get at least 2 or 3 done.  Success over and above goal: at 8 sewing finishes, this is one area where I really did well.  I also assembled four of the Merry Mystic ornaments.
  • Off Goal Stitching: I finished BHG The Tooth Fairy Pillow and seven of Sue Donnelly's Merry Mystic 2007 Christmas ornaments and started Primitive Needle's Thy Needle.
  • AUGUST GOALS:
  • 2010-2011 WIPs:  Finish my own Fertile Circles Needlebook.
  • 2012 Crazy Class Challenge:  Resume work on 2007 Mystic Stitcher's Hideaway projects.
  • 2012 WIPs: Continue stitching Part II of the English Band Sampler and start TW's The Woodland Angel Christmas Stocking.
  • New Starts: A few Christmas ornaments, including the Kogin Christmas Tree and a couple of Town Square SAL pieces.
  • Sewing Finishes: Try and get 2-3 more done.


1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Congratulations on a productive July!